Monday, March 10, 2014

Smithsonian Institute Monetary Award Information


I'm sure you're probably wondering if there will be any monetary compensation for attending the Smithsonian Institutes this summer. As you know, the Sweet Grass Project grant technically ended December 31, 2012. Last year, 2013, I had some carry-over funds that I used to give you a monetary award for attending the institutes.

Without going into too much detail that may bore you, I had some money left Dec. 31, 2013, so again requested to carry it over, and it was approved. I wanted to have some left to give those of you who started your new teaching job(s).

This summer it's going to be much more difficult as the grant budget is basically kaput and what is left has to be used for "mentoring services". This means that it can only be used for those of you in your first and second year of teaching. Of course, I would like everybody to attend because you will get a ton of experiences and materials. But I want to be honest with you up front so you're informed.

We can offer it for CEUs if you need these for your jobs.

Anyway, more details on this later when I know more specifics.....

No comments:

Post a Comment