Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Update on Checks Sent in Error

Thank you to those of you who have returned the checks you received due to an error in our Finance Department! I've received some checks already and others have said have said they will give them back.

Unfortunately a small number of you cashed them. I talked to the Project Officer at the Dept. of Ed and the Finance Manager at UTTC. Both said the money will have to be paid back. A few of you still have money coming from the grant so the $600 will be deducted from the payment you were supposed to receive. If you have already finished the program, and graduated prior to this past fall, you will be required to pay it back. All of this money has to be accounted for, no matter what the amount.

Anyway, just wanted to give you a heads up! I'm sorry this happened as I knew nothing about it. Again, as most of you suspected, it was simply an error. But mistakes happen and I'm just glad most of you let us know about it, regardless of how tempting it may have been! :-)

I'll be in touch with you individually. Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment